Based in the East Neuk of Fife, our mission is to get YOU hooked on the simple pleasures of preparing, presenting and enjoying mouth-watering seafood, fished just a stones throw from the East Neuk shoreline.
With a hands-on approach and strong ties to a close-knit community of local fishermen, The Fisherman's Larder is a licensed buyer and seller of shellfish. We source just-caught, local shellfish and hand-prepare our seafood produce for you to enjoy in local cafes, on the beach, in the garden or at your own dining table. We also share our expertise and enthusiasm at demonstrations to educate, encourage and excite the palate!
- We currently accept small seafood orders from both retailers and private clients - including locals, tourists, occasional visitors to the East Neuk and of course...you!
- Locally caught shellfish: Cooked or uncooked
- Lobster: The finest, local, sustainable catch from the creels
- Dressed Crab: Delicious, local, sustainable, creel caught, hand prepared AND no additives
- Need an extra pair of hands on deck? Our experienced fisherman can join your fishing boat for occasional days at sea.
- Experiences + Events: Our fisherman-seafood specialist can provide educational talks and harbour tours, presentations and demonstrations for groups, dinner parties, artisan showcases, markets and festivals.
- Environment + Packaging: Our dressed crabs are wrapped in minimal cling-film packaging. We are proud to use Vegware - eco-friendly, biodegradable, plant-based packaging - for our 'mini pots' of lobster cocktail and crab salad at market events. Also, we are a truly local business, delivering our produce to locally-based clients. These measures help to minimise our carbon footprint and protect our oceans.
Our recent clients and venues include the Old Course Hotel, Visit Scotland, Scottish Government (with Marine Scotland), Seafood Scotland, the multi-award winning Anstruther Fish Bar, Fisherman's Mutual Association (Pittenweem), award-winning Ardross Farm Shop, The Fairmont Hotel, St Andrews Food & Drink Festival, award-winning Spindrift Hotel, Food From Fife, Cambo Estate, Crail Food Festival, Scottish Fisheries Museum, Inn at Lathones, Anstruther Harbour Festival, East Pier Smokehouse in St Monans, award-winning Cromars Fish & Chip Bar and Balgove Larder.
If you'd like to place an order for seafood, invite us to your event or to book an experience, please get in touch!